For a delicious alternative to greasy, calorie-rich fries or potato chips, whip up these Skinny Sweet Potato Sticks! This crispy recipe calls for just a couple of simple ingredients, casting the spotlight on one of our favorite superfoods: sweet potatoes. This candy-sweet veggie carries a bunch of incredible nutrients like beta carotene, vitamin A, and vitamin C. To crank up the nutrition even further, we’ve cooked these savory sticks with coconut oil, an ingredient that’s bursting with body-loving benefits and healthy fats.
These sweet and savory crowd-pleasers are incredibly versatile! You can enjoy them on salads, sandwiches, soups, or simply by themselves. Easy to make and absolutely scrumptious, this flavorful finger food won’t add inches to your waistline. Bake a few servings and share a plate with your family and friends!
Yields: 2 servings | Calories: 107 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 274mg | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 1g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 5
- 1 medium sweet potato, rinsed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, unrefined (melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into julienne strips, using a Julienne Peeler.
- Add sticks to a mixing bowl. Add coconut oil and salt. Toss to coat. Spread sticks evenly over a large parchment lined or non-stick baking sheet. Stir every 10 minutes and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 30 minutes.
- Watch sticks closely to make sure they don't burn. Allow to cool completely before adding to an airtight ziplock bag.
We need your feedback! Let us know what you thought about this article or anything else on the site. Leave a comment in the section below.