Making rice pudding in the slow cooker is a cinch, because, as with most slow cooker recipes, you simply put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and press the button. It also gives your kitchen an irresistible aroma that will have you ready to dig in, as the cinnamon lends an aromatic flavor to the rice pudding. The addition of chia seeds lends a healthy dose of omega-3 fatty acids. Almond milk is used in cooking the rice in place of dairy milk so it’s perfect for vegans. Enjoy!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 366 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 15 mg | Sodium: 51 mg | Carbohydrates: 69 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 10 g | Protein: 12 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 12
- 2 cups dry long-grain brown rice
- 5 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds, divided
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Sweetener if almond milk is unsweetened
- Add the rice, almond milk, raisins, 2 tablespoons of chia seeds and cinnamon stick in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours or high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until rice is tender.
- If using unsweetened almond milk, add either 1/2 cup coconut sugar, honey, or maple syrup (more or less to taste) before removing from slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining chia seeds before serving.
We have a lot of slow cooker recipes to share with you, check them out:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.