A dish worth waking up early for!
If you’re watching your waistline, you don’t have to limit breakfast to eggs, oatmeal, and protein smoothies each morning. Just because you’re watching your diet doesn’t mean you can’t indulge in some mouthwatering French toast. We’ve given a diner-inspired dish a healthy makeover in this unforgettable recipe! Our Banana Pecan French Toast delivers ooey gooey banana goodness with every decadent bite. Shake things up with this crave-worthy breakfast creation that’s guaranteed to make mornings special.
A Delightful and Satisfying Dish
Our clean-eating Banana Pecan French Toast tastes incredible, and it will certainly delight your friends and family at your next brunch! This flavorful dish is a cinch to make with a few simple steps and a slow cooker. Whole-wheat baguette is coated with an egg, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla mixture before it’s topped with yummy banana slices and crunchy pecans. You simply can’t go wrong with this mouthwatering masterpiece
We Use 100% Clean Ingredients!
Our cleaned-up version of this classic breakfast dish uses healthy alternatives for conventional ingredients, all without skimping on taste! For example, whole-wheat baguette makes up the foundation of this French toast instead of white bread. This nutritious substitute carries more fiber and vitamins than its refined white flour counterpart. Meanwhile, our version calls for almond milk instead of regular milk, which shaves off a chunk of calories and fat.
Instead of butter, our Banana Pecan French Toast uses coconut oil. This superfood carries antibacterial, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, and it tastes amazing as well! Finally, instead of using refined or processed sugars, our recipe calls for just one tablespoon of coconut sugar. This more nutritious sweetener helps keep things light and healthy.
How To Make Banana Pecan French Toast
To make this French toast, start by arranging the baguette slices on the bottom of your slow cooker. Next, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon, and pour this scrumptious custard over your baguette slices. Coat the banana slices in lemon juice and place them on top of your baguette inside of the slow cooker.
Add the melted coconut oil drizzle to the slow cooker, along with a sprinkle of pecans. Cover the slow cooker and, depending on your schedule, cook this decadent French toast on high for 2 to 3 hours, or low for 4 to 5 hours.
You’ll know your French toast is done when bread begins to turn golden brown around the edges.
How to Serve Banana Pecan French Toast
Once cooked through, place a couple of slices of this scrumptiously sweet French toast onto your plate. Finish the decadent meal by drizzling your French toast with pure maple syrup, agave, or your favorite fresh berry sauce. Feel free to add some more pecans and fresh banana slices to the dish before diving in!
This ultra-delicious recipe makes a wonderful option for brunch or a holiday breakfast. It’ll simply brighten up any morning with its sweet and savory goodness worth dreaming about.
Slow Cooker Banana Pecan French Toast
- 12 whole-wheat baguette slices 1 inch thick
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1/2 lemon freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- nonstick cooking spray
- pure maple syrup for serving
- Spray a 5-7 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange baguette slices on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, coconut sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Drizzle over the baguette slices, making sure to cover each slice completely with the egg mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, drizzle banana slices with fresh lemon juice, tossing to coat. Place banana slices atop baguettes in the slow cooker. Drizzle with melted coconut oil, sprinkle with pecans. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours, or until cooked through.
- Cooking times will vary with different cookers, so begin to check your slow cooker at the 3 hour mark and allow to cook just until the bread begins to turn golden brown around the edges.
- Drizzle lightly with pure maple syrup to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Hungry For More?
Craving more slow-cooker breakfast recipes that’ll make mornings exciting? Check out some of our absolute favorites below!
- Chocolate and Pistachio Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Cranberry Pumpkin Granola
- Pumpkin Custard Oatmeal
- Slow Cooker French Toast Casserole
What did you think of this slow cooker banana pecan french toast? Let us know in the comment section, below!
Also, be sure to follow us on Pinterest to be the first to know about all of our tasty, healthy breakfast recipes