Wake up to slow cooked chocolate goodness!
There is something wonderful about waking up to the smell of delicious food permeating the kitchen. It’s like an alarm clock that doesn’t need a snooze button. As soon as you open your slow cooker, you and the rest of the family can enjoy a warm oatmeal breakfast. Chocolate and pistachios are both delicious flavors that combine perfectly. There’s no doubt that you will enjoy this oatmeal breakfast!
Slow Cooker Chocolate and Pistachio Oatmeal
- oil for coating the slow cooker
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons pistachios crushed, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Coat the bottom of the slow cooker with a little amount of any neutral-flavored healthy oil like almond oil, safflower oil, etc.
- In the slow cooker, combine the oats, water, cocoa powder, half of the pistachios, and sugar.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 1-1/2 hours then leave it to keep warm automatically while you are sleeping.
- Stir it in the morning then sprinkle the remaining pistachios and add some low-fat milk if you desire.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.