There is something wonderful about waking up to the smell of delicious food permeating the kitchen. It’s like an alarm clock that doesn’t need a snooze button. As soon as you open your slow cooker, you and the rest of the family can enjoy a warm oatmeal breakfast. Chocolate and pistachios are both delicious flavors that combine perfectly. There’s no doubt that you will enjoy this oatmeal breakfast!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 3/4 cup | Calories: 254 | Total Fat: 12 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 9 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- Oil for coating the slow cooker
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons crushed pistachios, divided
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Coat the bottom of the slow cooker with a little amount of any neutral-flavored healthy oil like almond oil, safflower oil, etc.
- In the slow cooker, combine the oats, water, cocoa powder, half of the pistachios, and sugar.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 1-1/2 hours then leave it to keep warm automatically while you are sleeping.
- Stir it in the morning then sprinkle the remaining pistachios and add some low-fat milk if you desire.
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.