Cook this overnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
This is a guest recipe from healthy living recipe blog, Studio Cuisine. The recipes you’ll find there contain whole, natural ingredients that can be found in almost any pantry. Studio Cuisine maintains an easy-going approach when it comes to recipes, and is a must-visit for anyone looking for simple dishes that are easy to prepare and delicious. It’s a lighthearted blog that stresses the importance of using food as a source of fuel, rather than a source of stress.
This recipe can be thrown together in less than five minutes and tossed in your Slow Cooker overnight. When you wake up, a healthy and satisfying breakfast with the flavors of autumn will be ready and waiting for you to devour!
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats not quick cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- enough water to fill slow cooker 1/4 of the way full
- 1/2 apple small, chopped
- unrefined sweetener of choice to taste
- In a small heat-proof bowl (that can hold at least two cups of water), stir together oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. The apples can also be added in here. I chose to keep mine out to stir in after cooking, but this is up to you. Pour two cups of water over oats.
- Fill Slow Cooker about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way full with water (this will depend on the size of your Slow Cooker). Add the heatproof bowl with the oat mixture to the Slow Cooker. The bowl with the oats/cinnamon/vanilla has water in it, and also sits in the slow cooker surrounded by water. The water level should rise almost to the top of the bowl.
- Turn Slow Cooker on low for 7-8 hours overnight. Using a large spoon, remove the bowl from Slow Cooker (it will be very hot!). Stir in chopped apple and sweetener of choice. Devour!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Also, try this Overnight Slow Cooker Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats: No Sugar Added recipe!