Cook this overnight and wake up to a delicious breakfast!
Nothing beats waking up to a yummy, belly-warming bowl of oatmeal. It’s healthy, tasty, and filling, which is why we love oatmeal for breakfast. Your body will definitely thank you for this starting your day with this Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal! Each spoonful delivers rich, creamy goodness bursting with apple cinnamon flavors that simply melt in your mouth. This clean-eating oatmeal recipe cooks low and slow overnight, unveiling an incredible taste in the morning.
Catch Some Extra Zzzs With This Tasty Oatmeal!
Forget waking up at the crack of dawn to make breakfast! This apple cinnamon oatmeal recipe will allow you to hit the snooze button once (or even twice!). We love slow cooker recipes like this one because of the surefire simplicity involved. This recipe calls for just five minutes of prep work. It can be thrown together the night before and tossed in the slow cooker to cook while you sleep.
After preparing your ingredients, the appliance does the rest of the work for you. You can sleep soundly while looking forward to a delicious breakfast once you get out of bed!
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Offers Plenty of Health Benefits!
This healthy, satisfying breakfast is packed with the mouthwatering flavors of autumn. It not only tastes incredible, but it also offers health benefits as well. Each smooth and creamy spoonful carries a hint of sweetness, thanks to the use of apples and cinnamon. These ingredients also offer vitamins and anti-inflammatory benefits your body will appreciate.
Let’s Talk About Oatmeal
Oatmeal, in general, ranks high on our list of powerful foods to add to your diet. Oats offer a great source of carbs and fiber, and it contains various vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The antioxidants in oatmeal can help lower blood pressure and deliver anti-inflammatory effects as well.
Meanwhile, beta-glucan (a soluble fiber in oats) can promote good bacteria growth in the digestive tract and help you feel fuller after eating. Besides curbing cravings and increasing satiety, this fiber can also lower cholesterol levels and stabilize your insulin responses. Ultimately, this apple cinnamon oatmeal can help with weight loss by keeping you satisfied and less prone to snacking between meals. All good things!
All in all, oatmeal acts as a nutrient-dense superfood loaded with powerful benefits. We’re here for it! Learn more about the powers of oatmeal by checking out Why Oatmeal Is The Best Breakfast You Can Eat!
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats not quick cooking
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups water
- enough water to fill slow cooker 1/4 of the way full
- 1/2 apple small, chopped
- unrefined sweetener of choice to taste
- In a small heat-proof bowl (that can hold at least two cups of water), stir together oats, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. The apples can also be added in here. I chose to keep mine out to stir in after cooking, but this is up to you. Pour two cups of water over oats.
- Fill Slow Cooker about 1/4 to 1/2 of the way full with water (this will depend on the size of your Slow Cooker). Add the heatproof bowl with the oat mixture to the Slow Cooker. The bowl with the oats/cinnamon/vanilla has water in it, and also sits in the slow cooker surrounded by water. The water level should rise almost to the top of the bowl.
- Turn Slow Cooker on low for 7-8 hours overnight. Using a large spoon, remove the bowl from Slow Cooker (it will be very hot!). Stir in chopped apple and sweetener of choice. Devour!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Craving More Scrumptious Oatmeal Recipes?
Hungry for more delicious slow-cooker oatmeal recipes to kick start your day? Check out some of our delicious top picks below!
- Chocolate and Pistachio Oatmeal
- Nutty Blueberry Banana Oatmeal
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal
- Hot Chocolate Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Creamy Almond Oatmeal