Easy and delicious!
Although sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamins and nutrients, they can be made to taste like a dessert. Our Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes recipe is one such dessert-like dish that is both delicious and easy. The ingredients are clean and impart great flavor thanks to unrefined coconut sugar and butter. Pumpkin pie spice rounds out the dish, lending a distinct dessert quality to them.
Serve these along with a roast chicken and plenty of vegetables for a perfect dinner when the days start to get shorter and cooler. As a bonus, kids won’t even realize these sweet potatoes are healthy!
Slow Cooker Candied Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes large, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter optional Ghee
- 1 cup pecans or walnut pieces, chopped
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the sugar and spice and sprinkle over potatoes. Toss to coat. Add butter or Ghee. Cover and cook until tender, about 4-6 hours on low, or 2-3 hours on high.
- Add candied sweet potatoes to a serving bowl and sprinkle with pecans or walnuts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite fall side dish? Leave us a comment in the section below.