As leaves crunch beneath our feet and soft scarves protect us from the cool autumn breeze, we begin to crave pumpkin spice in all things, especially those creamy lattes we pick up from the coffee shop on the corner. But those popular takeout lattes are filled with fat, sugar, and calories and deliver very little nutrition. This homemade latte has the same great pumpkin flavor you love, but is made with coconut sugar and almond milk, making it a seasonal indulgence you can feel good about!
For an added treat, top with a dollop of Clean Eating Whipped Topping.
Yields: 1 servings | Serving Size:1 latte (full recipe) | Calories: 163 | Total Fat: 6 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 18 mg | Carbohydrates: 16 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 13 g | Protein: 10 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 cup almond milk (to reduce the calories by half, use unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (optional maple syrup or honey)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice, more to taste
- 1/2 cup strong coffee brewed or 2 shots espresso
- Whisk together all ingredients in a blender and pulse until well combined. Add to a pot over medium-low heat. Heat just until simmering. Add hot coffee or espresso, stir to combine. Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.