Our Slow Cooker Salisbury Steaks are a tasty throwback to the days when food was a bit simpler and homier. All we did was make it a little more diet-friendly. This recipe requires very little preparation before the slow cooker does its magic. So, while you go about your busy life, you don’t have to worry about dinner! After a few short hours, just put it all together and enjoy.
These Salisbury steaks are juicy on the inside and smothered in a thick mushroom gravy that will have your whole family licking their plates! We recommend serving over a bed of brown rice with a side of seasonal vegetables for a wholesome meal.
Yields: 6 servings | Calories: 313 | Total Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 668mg | Carbohydrates: 11g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 28g | SmartPoints: 9
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (optional: ground turkey)
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups low sodium beef stock
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat olive oil over medium on the stove. Saute onions until soft and translucent. Mix together in a bowl with beef, bread crumbs, egg, beef broth, dried garlic, salt and pepper. Form into patties and brown both sides in the same pan the onions were cooked, about two minutes each side. Place into bottom of slow cooker and cover with mushrooms.
- Whisk together all the remaining ingredients, except the butter and flour, and pour over the patties. Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 2 ½ hours. Whisk together the butter and flour. Remove the patties from the slow cooker and add the roux. Whisk into sauce to thicken it, then return patties. Serve!
Other recipes to try:
What are some of your favorite beef recipes that you’d like us to slim down? Let us know in the comment section below!