This Italian staple creates a wonderful mix of sweet wine and earthy mushrooms. In our Slow Cooker Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Marsala, we kept with the traditional Marsala flavors, but added tangy sun-dried tomatoes for a pop of flavor and color. As delicious as it is healthy! Instead of loading our sauce with butter as some recipes call for, we allow the slow cooker to bring the ingredients together.
We recommend serving this Marsala over whole grain pasta or brown rice with a nice glass of wine. Yum! You get to enjoy a delicious Italian meal without having to leave the comfort of your own home or pay fancy Italian restaurant prices.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups | Calories: 439 | Total Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 595mg | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 32g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 14
- 2 pounds chicken pieces on the bone
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 3 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sweet marsala cooking wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and then sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic on top. Add mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, then pour the marsala wine and chicken broth on top. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or 2 to 3 hours on high.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and transfer to a plate.
- Using a fork, mix together softened butter and flour, add to the slow cooker and whisk to combine with liquid. Transfer chicken back to the slow cooker and cook on high 15 minutes or until gravy thickened.
How did this recipe turn out for you? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might also like: