You need this superfood soup in your life.
Sweet potatoes and kale are two of our favorite superfoods. They are packed with vitamins and nutrients, and are especially beneficial for women’s health. If you love the taste of potatoes, but you know that white potatoes aren’t the healthiest option, pick up a few sweet potatoes during your next shopping trip.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Kale Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 red onion small, diced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock fat free, low sodium
- 1 cup kale rinsed and loosely packed
- In a small skillet add oil and sauté onion and garlic over medium low heat until tender, about 4 minutes. Add to the slow cooker sautéed onion and garlic and all other ingredients, except kale. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Add kale the last 10 minutes of cooking time and allow to wilt. Remove bay leaf and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.