Wholesome soup makes a healthy and comforting dish!
We’ve crafted the perfect good-for-you recipe that’s sure to become a favorite! Superfood quinoa combined with kale is an incredibly healthy combo. Cooking these nutritional superstars simply, alongside comforting potatoes, earthy rosemary, and protein-rich beans, creates a healthy and wholesome dish. Half of the beans are creamed to give a nice, thick consistency. It’s perfect for the cold days up ahead!
Slow Cooker Kale and Quinoa Soup
- 2 cups cannellini beans canned, drained
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 potatoes medium, peeled and diced
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth low-sodium
- 2 rosemary twigs fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper about 2 turns of the pepper grinder
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling before serving
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of beans then use a blender or an immersion blender to make it into a cream.
- In the slow cooker, add the creamed beans, the remaining whole beans, potatoes, onion, vegetable broth, rosemary, pepper, and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Set the slow cooker low for 4-6 hours or high 2-4. Add quinoa and kale the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Before serving, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil if desired.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Here are More Amazing Slow Cooker Recipes to Choose From:
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.