We’ve crafted the perfect good-for-you recipe that’s sure to become a favorite! Superfood quinoa combined with kale is an incredibly healthy combo. Cooking these nutritional superstars simply, alongside comforting potatoes, earthy rosemary, and protein-rich beans, creates a healthy and wholesome dish. Half of the beans are creamed to give a nice, thick consistency. It’s perfect for the cold days up ahead!
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1-1/2 cups | Calories: 360 | Total Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 2 mg | Sodium: 224 mg | Carbohydrates: 56 g | Dietary Fiber: 10 g | Sugars: 8 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans, drained
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups vegetable broth, low-sodium
- 2 twigs fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (about 2 turns of the pepper grinder)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil + more for drizzling before serving
- In a bowl, add 1 cup of beans then use a blender or an immersion blender to make it into a cream.
- In the slow cooker, add the creamed beans, the remaining whole beans, potatoes, onion, vegetable broth, rosemary, pepper, and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Set the slow cooker low for 4-6 hours or high 2-4. Add quinoa and kale the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Before serving, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil if desired.
Here are More Amazing Slow Cooker Recipes to Choose From:
Don’t miss out on the latest from SkinnyMs. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.