You'll love these bold flavors in an easy, good-for-you soup.
Thai dishes are usually full of ingredients with big flavors and natural health benefits. Our Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup harnesses these bold flavors in an easy, good-for-you soup. Chicken broth, ginger, coconut milk, lime, vegetables, curry, and cilantro all come together to pack a power house of nutrition that tastes incredible to boot!
Best of all, the slow cooker does all the work for you so there’s very little effort involved to have a flavorful and nutritious meal ready while you go about your daily life. On a side note, this chicken soup has powerful immune boosters and would be a great soup to combat the sniffles, cold, or flu when you’re feeling under the weather!
Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup
- 5 boneless and skinless chicken thighs or 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 6 cups chicken broth fat-free
- 14 1/2 ounces coconut milk can, full-fat
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoon ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 4 1/2 ounces diced jalapeños can
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 1 potato large, cut into small cubes
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- Add all ingredients, except cilantro, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- When carrots are tender and chicken is done, remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return shredded chicken and half the cilantro to the soup. Stir soup and serve!
- Garnish individual servings with the remaining cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite chicken soup recipe? Share yours with us in the comments!