Thai dishes are usually full of ingredients with big flavors and natural health benefits. Our Slow Cooker Thai Chicken Soup harnesses these bold flavors in an easy, good-for-you soup. Chicken broth, ginger, coconut milk, lime, vegetables, curry, and cilantro all come together to pack a power house of nutrition that tastes incredible to boot!
Best of all, the slow cooker does all the work for you so there’s very little effort involved to have a flavorful and nutritious meal ready while you go about your daily life. On a side note, this chicken soup has powerful immune boosters and would be a great soup to combat the sniffles, cold, or flu when you’re feeling under the weather!
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 269 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 812mg | Carbohydrates: 24g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 14g | SmartPoints(Freestyle): 11
- 5 chicken thighs, skinless and boneless (optional, 2 chicken breast)
- 6 cups chicken broth, fat-free
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can coconut milk (full-fat)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 tespoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can diced jalapeños
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large potato, cut into small cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Add all ingredients, except cilantro, to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- When carrots are tender and chicken is done, remove chicken and shred with a fork. Return shredded chicken and half the cilantro to the soup. Stir soup and serve!
- Garnish individual servings with the remaining cilantro.
What’s your favorite chicken soup recipe? Share yours with us in the comments!