Throw the ingredients into the slow cooker, walk away, and come back to a spice-laden meal.
Fall is here, so it’s time to pull out your slow cooker and make some easy meals for those cooler evenings when you need something hearty to warm your belly. Our Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry is just that: both easy and hearty. This curry is ridiculously easy, actually. Just throw your ingredients into the slow cooker, walk away and let it cook for a few hours, then come back to a spice-laden and fragrant meal.
It’s good just as it is, or ladled over some brown basmati rice. You can even have a fridge clean-out night and throw in any vegetables that might be close to the end of their shelf life!
Slow Cooker Vegetable Curry
- 1 cup sweet potato cubed
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup red bell peppers diced
- 1 head cauliflower small, cut into florets
- 14 ounces chickpeas can, drained
- 1/2 onion small, diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 14 ounces coconut milk can
- Add everything to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, or high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Serve over brown rice, quinoa, or with a whole wheat naan.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other recipes you might like:
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato and Chickpea Curry
How do you plan to use the autumn harvest in your cooking? Let us know in the comments section below!