On weekend mornings, when you have time to relax at home, flex your muscles in the kitchen, and wow your family with your latest, healthy breakfast creation, consider this tasty, slow cooker omelette recipe. But what your family won’t know is that this meal is as simple as combining eggs and veggies in your slow cooker, setting it, and then relaxing with a good book.
We used carrots, string beans, zucchini, and bell peppers in this omelette, but you can add any vegetables you enjoy, or have on hand. One of our favorite healthy eating tips at SkinnyMs. is to choose local, in-season vegetables, and use them in the veggie-based dishes you cook at home. If warm weather has boosted your local crop of corn, zucchini, and tomatoes, seize the day! If cooler weather has provided you with ample root veggies, embrace the season. Every veggie comes with its own power pack of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber, so get creative!
This vegetable omelette does even more than provide you and your loved ones with superfood veggies. The eggs in your omelette are packed with protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Parmesan packs in more protein, and extra virgin olive oil is heart-healthy. Enjoy this comforting breakfast meal with no guilt, and you and your family will feel satisfied all morning long.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/6th-sized slice of omelette | Calories: 167 | Total Fat: 10 g | Saturated Fat: 4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 226 mg | Sodium: 115 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 11 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup string beans, ends discarded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell peppers, diced
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the onions for 2 minutes then add all the vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes or until almost tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to the slow cooker then pour the egg mixture inside making sure that the vegetables are covered well.
- Set on high for 2 hours.
Enjoy our other omelette and frittata recipes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.