Yes, this yummy recipe is made in the slow cooker.
This slow cooker Zucchini Ziti offers it all. It can be made in a flash, but tastes as if you put hours into its creation. That’s why we love it! Whip some up for Sunday dinner and enjoy the leftovers for Monday lunch.
We recommend atleast a 5 quart slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Zucchini Ziti
- 25 ounces jarred marinara sauce no-sugar added
- 3 cups whole grain ziti shells uncooked, or penne
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 large zucchini cut into 1/4 inch half moons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- In a medium bowl combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and spices. Add one cup marinara to the bottom of the slow cooker. Combine (uncooked) pasta shells with remaining marinara. Layer pasta coated marinara, zucchini, and cheese mixture until all ingredients have been used. Cheese should be the last ingredient added.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours, or until pasta is al dente.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.