This slow cooker Zucchini Ziti offers it all. It can be made in a flash, but tastes as if you put hours into its creation. That’s why we love it! Whip some up for Sunday dinner and enjoy the leftovers for Monday lunch.
Minimum Slow Cooker Size: 5 quarts
Yields: 10 Servings | Serving Size: 3/4 Cup | Calories: 272 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 | Cholesterol: 21 mg | Sodium: 376 mg | Carbohydrates: 38 g | Sugars: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 5 g | Protein: 15 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8 |
- 1 (25 ounce) no-sugar added marinara
- 3 cups (uncooked) whole grain ziti shells, optional penne
- 2 cups fat-free cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch half moons
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl combine the cottage cheese, mozzarella, and spices. Add one cup marinara to bottom of the slow cooker. Combine (uncooked) pasta shells with remaining marinara. Layer pasta coated marinara, zucchini, and cheese mixture until all ingredients have been used. Cheese should be the last ingredient added.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours, or until pasta is al dente. Recommend using a 5 to 7 quart slow cooker.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.