It took us four attempts to get this right, and finally we did. This yummy, naturally sweetened, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter, is the perfect addition to your autumn days. Nothing says “autumn” more than the rich, delicious flavor of pumpkin. People love it in coffee, desserts, pasta sauces, and smoothies, and now you can enjoy it on toast or biscuits.
Pumpkin dishes are not only filled with fall flavor, but they are healthy, too. Pumpkins get their orange color from beta-carotene — the same nutrient that makes carrots one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. Pumpkin is packed with nutrients and just like its various squash counterparts, it is a great food to eat when you are watching your weight. It is naturally sweet, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it with sugar.
Even better, our pumpkin butter is cooked in a slow cooker, which means it is easy and convenient to whip up a fresh batch. Slow cooker recipes let you “set it and forget it.” Just mix up the ingredients and let the slow cooker do its work. In a few hours, you’ll have a creamy, sweet batch of pumpkin butter.
Serving Size: 2 tbsp | Calories: 43 | Total Fat: 0 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 2 mg | Carbohydrates: 11 gm | Dietary fiber: 1 gm | Sugars: 9 gm | Protein: 0 gm | SmartPoints: 2 |
- 1 (15 oz.) can pure canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) OR
- 15 oz. freshly baked and pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup 100% apple juice (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Stir all ingredients together in a 1 or 1 1/2 quart slow cooker and cook until it thickens (about 5-6 hours) on low.
- While hot, it will still be runny, even after thickening. Place in a heat-safe container and chill overnight in the fridge.
- More honey can be added for sweetness if desired.
- NOTE: This is a "spicy" pumpkin butter. If you like a milder version, simply cut the ginger, cloves and nutmeg in half. (You can always add them back in later)
- Storage: Keep in fridge for up to 2 or 3 weeks. Freezes well.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.