This is perfect for those beautiful Autumn days.
It took us four attempts to get this right, but the effort was well worth it! This yummy, naturally sweetened, Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter, is the perfect addition to your Autumn days. After all, nothing says “Autumn” more than the rich, delicious flavor of pumpkin, right? People love it in coffee, desserts, pasta sauces, and smoothies, and now you can enjoy it on toast or biscuits too!
The Nutritional Power of Pumpkin
Pumpkin dishes are not only filled with fall flavor but they also offer some important nutrients. Pumpkins get their orange color from beta-carotene — the same nutrient that makes carrots one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. When consumed, beta-carotene converts to Vitamin A which supports eye and skin health, boosts the immune system, and more!
Pumpkin is packed with Vitamin C and Potassium too, both of which are good for the heart! Just like its various squash counterparts, it is a great food to eat when you are watching your weight as it is super low calorie. Plus, it’s naturally sweet, so you can satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it with sugar.
An Easy and Convenient Condiment
Even better, our pumpkin butter is cooked in a slow cooker, which means it is easy and convenient to whip up a fresh batch. Slow cooker recipes let you “set it and forget it.” Just mix up the ingredients and let the slow cooker do its work. In a few hours, you’ll have a creamy, sweet batch of pumpkin butter, ready to enjoy!
What Do I Put it On?
Our Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter pairs perfectly with any kind of toast, biscuit, pancakes, and more! We have plenty of delectable options for you to choose from, including:
- Old-Fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits
- Grandma’s Homemade Wheat Bread Recipe
- Pumpkin Cornbread with Whipped Honey Butter
- Super Easy Three-Ingredient Pancakes
- Pumpkin French Toast
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Butter
- 30 ounces canned pumpkin puree 2 (15-ounce) cans
- 2/3 cup apple juice no sugar added
- 1/4 cup honey optional, maple syrup or agave
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar optional brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- Stir all ingredients together in a slow cooker and cook until it thickens (about 2-4 hours) on low.
- Cool to room temperature, place in glass container or mason jar, and chill in the fridge.
- Storage: Keep in the fridge for up to 2 or 3 weeks. Freezes well.
- Pumpkin Butter will thicken after refrigeration.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What did you think of this yummy recipe? Never going back to store bought pumpkin butter again, are you? 😉
If you enjoyed this recipe, we think you’d also like to try these Fall favorites:
This homemade date butter only involves two ingredients, but it will add a whole lot of flavor to your morning toast!
This recipe also requires two simple ingredients, making it a whole lot healthier than store-bought brands that contain additives!
This sweet and nutritious jam will pair perfectly with the clean-eating almond butter, above! Make a healthy version of the classic PB&J from your childhood!
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms. Be sure to subscribe to our daily eNewsletter, like our Facebook page or follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, healthy lifestyle resources, and more!