A perfectly seasoned and roasted side dish.
If you are looking for a great side dish to spruce up your dinner party, this roasted cauliflower with tahini recipe is for you. Our Arab-inspired cauliflower is cooked in some delicious spices and roasted to perfection. Cauliflower can be rather difficult to change up, but we think this roasted cauliflower recipe does a mighty fine job. And while it would be a wonderful side dish any night of the week, keep in mind that it takes about 50 minutes to make. That said, it’s definitely worth the effort!
Get it Together
Your roasted cauliflower with tahini starts with the cauliflower (go figure!) Make sure you have one fresh head of cauliflower available. Be sure to trim the leaves off of it but do not chop it up. You are going to roast it whole– as the name would suggest!
For this recipe, you will also need several different spices. Feel free to add them all together in a small bowl ahead of time. If you are able, grind the black pepper yourself, since this will add more flavor.
Finally, you are going to need two tablespoons of ghee. Ghee is a type of clarified butter that is incredibly popular in both India and the Middle East. We chose to use ghee in this recipe instead of regular butter because ghee does better at higher temperatures, like when baking or roasting.
Making this Flavorful Side Dish!
Make sure your oven is preheating to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. In the meantime, place your whole cauliflower in a pot of boiling water for about 10 minutes. This should soften the cauliflower and keep it from burning during the roasting process. The result? Scrumptious and perfectly-roasted cauliflower!
Now, while your oven is preheating and your cauliflower is boiling, you might as well maximize your time and prep your spices if you haven’t already done so. Once your cauliflower is finished boiling, take it out and drain it. If it is too wet, it will not roast properly so make sure you take the time to dry it off.
Place it on a baking sheet and coat it with your ghee. Finally, rub it down with your blend of spices. Some people will use tongs for this, but you really should use your hands here. It is the best way to make sure that cauliflower is nice and evenly coated. Again, the result will be worth the extra effort! Now, just place your cauliflower dish in the oven and bake it for about 40 minutes. It may take slightly longer though, but you will know it’s done if you can easily poke through it with your kitchen fork. Then, cut into the cauliflower, divide it evenly into 6 equal portions, and serve!
What Goes with this Roasted Cauliflower?
Since this cauliflower is so flavorful, you’re not going to want to serve it alongside something that will lessen the impact of this dish. Yeah, the side isn’t supposed to be the star of the show but believe me, you’re going to want to savor every bite! Here are some healthy main course options that will complement this spicy side perfectly!
- The Easiest Air Fryer Chicken Breasts Recipe
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
- 3-Ingredient Tender Broiled Salmon
- Curried Salmon and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
How are you going to serve this spicy whole roasted cauliflower with tahini? Let us know in the comment section!
Spicy Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Tahini
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon hot chili powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅓ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper ground
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Trim the leaves of the cauliflower. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Then gently place the cauliflower in the water and boil for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is boiling, mix the chili powder, kosher salt, cumin, turmeric, smoked paprika and black pepper.
- Drain the cauliflower, then place it on a small baking sheet. Coat the cauliflower with ghee. Then rub it with the spices. Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cauliflower can be easily pierced with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, tahini paste, water, and minced garlic.
- Drizzle sauce over cauliflower, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms