These wraps are full of flavor, loaded with nutrients, and ridiculously easy to assemble!
Are you in need of a new, quick & healthy lunch idea? If so, you’ll love this black bean and spinach burrito recipe! Not only do these wraps taste amazing, but they are ridiculously easy to assemble, as well.
In addition to being loaded with flavor, our Tex-Mex wraps are also packed with tons of nutrients. Each wrap offers a hefty dose of protein and one whole cup of spinach, which will fill your tummy and provide you with hours of energy to get through the day!
These yummy wraps are a perfect choice for busy weekday lunches, dinner for meatless Monday, or any other time really! You can also use the filling from this recipe as a healthy alternative for Taco Tuesday!
Black Bean & Spinach Burrito Recipe
Spinach & Bean Burrito Wrap
- 6 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 15 ounce can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked or Mexican rice (recipe for Mexican Rice recipe)
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup salsa (recipe), optional Pico de Gallo
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt fat-free
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 6 whole grain wraps or tortillas, 8 inch
- To warm the tortillas, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, place them on a cookie sheet, and warm them in the oven for 15 minutes while preparing the remaining ingredients.
- Place spinach in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, or use a knife to mince leaves. In a large skillet turned to medium heat, add black beans and spinach. Heat until spinach is wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute spinach and bean mixture in the middle of the wraps (leaving about 2" on one end for folding), add 1/4 cup rice to each wrap, add lettuce, cheese, salsa, and Greek yogurt evenly over the wraps. Fold the wraps into a pocket, tucking in the bottom edge, or roll them like a burrito.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Eating a heavy lunch can leave you feeling sluggish and bloated for the remainder of the day. That’s no fun! This is why I love eating lunches like this one that are packed with healthy ingredients that will nourish your body, not damage it!
This black bean and spinach burrito is packed with healthy fiber, iron, and vitamins. It’s an easy, flavorful meal that’s perfect for a packed lunch or quick weeknight dinner. Want to know the best part? The leftover mixture can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge and reheated for quick and easy leftovers that almost taste better the next day! Whip up a big batch for dinner tonight, or make it over the weekend to have nutritious lunches ready to go all week long!
If you enjoyed this deliciously easy black bean and spinach burrito recipe, you may also like these healthy lunch options:
Did you like this simple, healthy black bean and spinach burrito recipe? Leave us a note in the comments section!
Editor’s Note: Originally published Apr 16, 2013.