These wraps are full of flavor, loaded with nutrients, and ridiculously easy to assemble!
Are you in need of a new, quick & healthy lunch idea? If so, you’ll love this Spinach & Bean Burrito Wrap recipe! Not only do these wraps taste amazing, but they are ridiculously easy to assemble, as well.
In addition to being loaded with flavor, our Tex-Mex wraps are also packed with tons of nutrients. Each wrap offers a hefty dose of protein and one whole cup of spinach, which will fill your tummy and provide you with hours of energy to get through the day!
These yummy wraps are a perfect choice for busy weekday lunches, dinner for meatless Monday, or any other time really! You can also use the filling from this recipe as a healthy alternative for taco Tuesday!
Spinach & Bean Burrito Wrap
- 6 cups baby spinach loosely packed
- 15 ounces black beans can, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice cooked or Mexican rice (recipe for Mexican Rice recipe)
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup salsa (recipe), optional Pico de Gallo
- 6 tablespoons Greek yogurt fat-free
- kosher or sea salt to taste
- 6 whole grain wraps or tortillas, 8 inch
- To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Stack tortillas, wrap in foil, place on a cookie sheet and warm 15 minutes while preparing ingredients.
- Place spinach in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped, or use a knife to dice leaves. In a large skillet turn to medium-heat, add black beans and spinach. Heat until spinach is wilted, approximately 3 minutes.
- Evenly distribute spinach and bean mixture in the middle of the wraps (leaving about 2" on one end for folding), add 1/4 cup rice to each wrap, add lettuce, cheese, salsa and Greek yogurt evenly over wraps. Fold wraps over and under on the ends.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Eating a heavy lunch can leave you feeling sluggish and bloated for the remainder of the day. That’s no fun! This is why I love eating lunches like this one that are packed with healthy ingredients that will nourish your body, not damage it!
If you enjoyed this deliciously easy, Spinach & Bean Burrito Wrap recipe, you may also like these healthy lunch options:
Editor’s Note: Originally published Apr 16, 2013.