Face it, chicken is pretty much everyone’s weeknight go-to. And for good reason! It’s healthy, it’s easy, it’s tasty. Moreover, there are TONS of different ways to prepare it. There’s a chicken recipe out there for every mood and occasion. That said, as we all know, it is still all too easy to fall into a chicken rut. You know the one I’m talking about. Fortunately, this easy, skinny spinach stuffed chicken breast recipe is here to rescue you (and your weeknights) from even the deepest of chicken ruts. This simple yet delicious recipe is the perfect addition to your weeknight rotation.
All Stuffed Up
Most things are better stuffed. Mushrooms? Better stuffed. Oreos? Better double-stuffed. One thing that’s better not stuffed? You. Fortunately, this skinny stuffed chicken offers the best of both worlds. Filled with a cheesy, creamy (yet secretly skinny) stuffing, this tasty chicken dinner will fill you up without leaving you feeling over-stuffed.
This rich and creamy spinach stuffing stays skinny thanks to fat-free cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Mixed with parmesan, spinach, garlic, and red pepper, this simple stuffing adds just enough flavor and texture.
Stuffed chicken may sound more like restaurant food than a busy weeknight recipe. But it’s actually much easier than you may think. This super simple spinach stuffed chicken makes a luxury meal an easy and healthy option for any night.
Prep and Serve Tips
This dinner may seem like a luxury, but it’s super simple to whip up. Stuffed chicken is actually very easy to make and is a fun and delicious way to dress up your go-to chicken dinner.
Preparing stuffed chicken is really as easy as simply slicing a pocket in the chicken breast, stuffing it, and baking as usual. To make the pocket, first make sure you have a sharp knife. Keep a hand on top of the chicken breast to keep it steady, and insert the knife into the middle of the thickest part of the longest side. You’ll want to cut about 3/4 of the way through to ensure you have enough room for the stuffing without risking the entire chicken breast falling apart.
This spinach stuffed chicken breast recipe will pair well with any of your usual sides. Try serving with these easy garlic lemon green beans for a quick, simple, and zesty veggie side.
Chicken may be a weeknight go-to, but it doesn’t have to be boring. This delicious and surprisingly easy spinach stuffed chicken recipe is a healthy dinner you’ll definitely want to add to your menu this week.
Yield: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 stuffed breast | Calories: 371 | Total Fat: 21 g | Saturated Fat: 6 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Carbohydrates: 3 g | Fiber: 0 g | Sugar: 1 g | Protein: 41 g | Cholesterol 115 mg | Sodium 497 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 2 |
- 4 (6 to 8 ounce) boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tesapoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and gently cut a pocket into each breast's longest side. Drizzle each with the olive oil and coat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, garlic powder, and onion powder, Mix well and sprinkle over the chicken breast. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Parmesan, spinach, garlic clove, red pepper and remaining salt. Mix until smooth. Stuff the spinach mixture into the pocket of each chicken breast and place the stuffed breast onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned. Let cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!