Dress up your salad with flavorful, clean ingredients.
In recent years, salads have taken a sophisticated turn. Gone are the days of pale, wilted lettuce, heavy cream dressings, and boring veggie combos. These days, salads are gourmet treats for foodies and healthy eaters alike. A mix of superfood greens, tangy fruit, nuts, and zesty cheese turns any salad into an indulgence. Dress your spinach salad with low-calorie, all natural flavor, and you’ve got a lunchtime winner or a dinnertime side that aims to please.
Spinach, a green that’s loaded with fiber and antioxidants, including vitamins A and K, manganese, magnesium, folate, and iron, is a major nutritional powerhouse. It’s a vegetable that proves that you don’t need to grill up a steak to fortify your diet with iron! Berries are packed with antioxidants, and strawberries in particular pair beautifully with spinach. Feta cheese has a gorgeous flavor and texture, and adds lean protein. Almonds are another source of protein, and add a crunch that can’t be beat.
This spinach salad is a cinch to pull together. Add chopped strawberries to your spinach, combine almonds, and save your feta to crumble on top at the end of your meal prep. Your dressing will come together in a flash, and is made from the healthiest, cleanest ingredients. Dressings add flavor, and this one is no exception. But with heart healthy olive oil, low-calorie mustard, and all-natural honey, you can drizzle on a ton of flavor with no guilt!
Strawberry and Spinach Salad
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 10 ounces baby spinach bag
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In the bottom of a large salad bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette besides the olive oil. Once combined, pour the olive oil in a slow and steady stream, whisking all the while.
- Add all of the salad ingredients, besides the goat cheese, to the bowl and toss well to coat evenly with the dressing. Add the goat cheese crumbles on top and serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Make sure that you subscribe to our daily newsletter, so that you don’t miss out on anything Skinny Ms.