When it comes to breakfast, stuffed crepes are just about the epitome of decadence. However, with the right substitutions, these elegant breakfast treats are actually fairly light! For these strawberry cream cheese stuffed crepes, we’ve used fat-free cream cheese and a tablespoon of honey for the filling. And of course, you can’t beat the natural sweetness of fresh strawberries. This recipe uses clean ingredients for a breakfast indulgence that’s actually as light as the delicate crepes themselves.
If you’re more of a flapjacks-on-the-griddle kind of girl who shies away from more complex recipes, don’t let the hype scare you! These crepes are actually super easy to make! Crepes may have a reputation for being pancakes’ elite city cousins, but this “fancy” brunch treat is actually a cinch to whip up. It only takes five simple ingredients and two minutes in the pan to get the paper-thin crepes of your dreams. Meanwhile, this recipe is not only simple, but also healthier than your average breakfast treat. Made with whole-wheat flour and coconut oil, this recipe yields crepes that are light and healthy, inside and out!
Seemingly decadent, these strawberry cream cheese stuffed crepes will wow at brunch. Perfect for a holiday breakfast or Sunday brunch, these light and tasty treats are an indulgence you can feel good about. Serve them up along with some of our other brunch favorites for a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 filled crepe | Calories: 283 | Total Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 314mg | Carbohydrates: 30g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Protein: 13g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 11
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Batter should be very thin.
- Heat a skillet (or a griddle) on medium high heat. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter on to the hot pan and use a ladle to swirl the crepe in to a thin circle. Cook for about 1 minutes and the quickly and carefully flip to cook the second side. Cook for another minute and remove from the pan. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix until well blended.
- Place 1 to 2 tablespoons in a line down the middle of a cooked crepe. Roll the crepe into a burrito shape and serve. Enjoy!