Tabata will challenge your body from head to toe!
There’s no better time to step up your workouts. Get ready to bust out your cutest summer tanks, bathing suits, and sundresses because we’ve got a total body challenge that will boost metabolism, burn fat, build strength and endurance, and leave you feeling (and looking) fabulous! Are you ready to take on the Total Body Tabata Challenge?
Equipment Needed: water bottle, a yoga mat or soft surface, interval timer
This high-intensity challenge is not for beginners, so you should be in excellent health before trying this challenge. Not quite up for it yet? Try our Total Body Workout for Beginners.
What to Do:
1. Perform the first exercise in the circuit at full-intensity for a total of 20 seconds.
2. Rest, or move slowly, for 10 seconds before moving on to the second exercise.
3. Continue through the circuit, using the 20 and 10-second intervals, until the 4-minute circuit is complete.
4. Complete the circuit 4 times for a 16-minute high-intensity workout.
5. Complete the circuit on 4 non-consecutive days during the week.
To get the most from your workout and to avoid injuries, be sure to use the correct form for each exercise. Check out our helpful videos below.
1. High Knees
3. Jumping Jacks
5. Jump Squats
6. Mountain Climbers
7. Jumping Lunges
8. Plank Jacks