Strawberries are delicious in smoothies, and we love to load them into in a blender with other nutritional superfoods like goji berries and almond milk, or any healthy low-fat milk of your choice. We sweeten this smoothie with a touch of honey. Feel free to use other unrefined sweeteners like maple syrup or stevia. Take a break from your usual morning smoothie and enjoy this healthy and delicious superfood drink.
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 197 | Total Fat: 5 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 18 mg | Sodium: 147 mg | Carbohydrates: 30 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 21 g | Protein: 3 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 9
- 2 tablespoons dried goji berries
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled
- 2 teaspoons honey, optional
- 2 cups almond milk (optional, low-fat milk)
- In a small bowl mix the goji berries and 1 tablespoon of water, allow to set for 15 minutes to make the berries softer. In a blender, add the goji berries, strawberries, honey, almond milk and ice and blend until smooth.
If you liked this, check out our other delicious and healthy smoothie recipes:
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss out anything on SkinnyMs.
We’d love to hear what you think. Leave us a comment in the comments section below.