A healthy and scrumptious lunch you can grab and eat on-the-go!
Our busiest, most stressful days, always bring on the cravings. And when you’re in a hurry, you just don’t have a ton of time for cooking and sitting down to eat a meal. Our healthy Thai Chicken wraps are perfect for eating on-the-go and they’ll satisfy your cravings, too!
Each of these wraps has less than 450 calories and is packed with healthy fat, lean protein, and tons of flavor! These wraps are also full of colorful veggies like red and green cabbage, carrots, and bell pepper that add tons of essential vitamins and minerals. They’re easy to pack for weekday lunches or can be made for a quick dinner for the whole family.
Try meal prepping these wraps at the beginning of the week for an easy, grab-and-go lunch! Pro tip: If you’re packing these for lunch, we’d recommend waiting to roll them until you’re ready to eat. This will keep everything from becoming soggy. Just store the ingredients in separate containers or baggies and build your wrap at meal time!
Our Favorite Thai Flavors
We’ve highlighted South East Asian flavors from peanuts, limes, and cilantro to bring a Thai-flavored punch to this wrap. Between our Thai Spice Blend and Thai Peanut Sauce, you can be sure that your cravings will be satisfied when enjoying our Thai Chicken wraps. Not only that, but we’ve added a twist to our textures, as well. Combining crisp, fresh vegetables, creamy peanut sauce, and warm, juicy chicken all wrapped up in a soft tortilla makes for the perfect mix!
Take this Delicious Wrap On-the-Go!
Having a grab-and-go meal that’s ready to eat is an absolute game-changer when you’re running out the door. These delectable Thai Chicken Wraps are packed with protein and satiating ingredients like whole grains, crispy veggies, and healthy peanut butter to give you an awesome nutrient boost.
Healthy Ingredients to Get you Through the Day
Here at SkinnyMs., we make sure each of our recipes are not only delicious but healthy as well! This wrap is no exception! Packed with protein, veggies, healthy fats, and fiber, our Thai Chicken Wraps won’t disappoint. First, chicken is an awesome lean protein source— a macronutrient that is essential for muscle building. Protein also helps keep you fuller for longer, so this wrap will be sure to keep you going through your 3 o’clock energy-dip! Along with protein, healthy fats are great hunger regulators, so the peanut butter in our Thai Peanut Sauce is sure to keep you going all day long. The fiber in the whole-wheat tortillas also helps to regulate spikes with your blood sugar for consistent satisfaction until your next meal!
How to Make Thai Chicken Wraps
First, combine the Thai Peanut Sauce ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the Thai Spice blend ingredients.
Once you’ve combined your spice blend, cover the chicken in oil, lime juice, and douse with the seasoning. Allow the chicken to marinate while you heat a pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chicken to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, or until it’s browned and cooked through. Remove from the heat and allow it to sit.
Meanwhile, stack your veggies on each wrap. Slice the chicken and place it in the wrap. Then, drizzle with peanut sauce, top with cilantro, and enjoy!
Thai Chicken Wraps
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 4 whole wheat wraps
- 1 cup red and green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup spring onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
Thai Spice Mix
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fenugreek
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Combine the thai spice mix ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine Thai Peanut Sauce ingredients.
- Cover chicken in oil, lime juice, and douse with the Thai spice seasoning.
- Allow the chicken to marinate while you heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add chicken to the pan and cook for about 10 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and let sit.
- Meanwhile, stack veggies on each wrap.
- Slice the chicken and place in the wrap.
- Drizzle with peanut sauce, top with cilantro, wrap up, and enjoy!
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
If you enjoyed these scrumptious Thai Chicken Wraps, we think you might also like to try these lunch time favorites:
- Spinach and Bean Burrito Wrap
- Sprouts, Veggies, and Cheese Wrap
- Asian Vegetable Lettuce Wrap with Peanut Sauce