Don't miss out on building a beautiful back!
Don’t let your back muscles go untrained! A strong and toned upper body requires all of the major muscle groups to be on the same page. Building a stronger back will allow you to maintain better posture, fight lower back pain, and even reduce neck strain. This 15-minute workout combines muscle-building and fat-burning moves with muscle isolation to get rid of bra bulge. You’ll be eager to wear tops that show off your hard work and dedication!
The Best 15-Minute Back Workout for Women
What does the perfect back look like to you? Are you looking to tone and define? Or does it look strong and give you the appearance of having wings? Your back muscles are one of the larger muscle groups, so mixing exercise routines that build mass and burn fat, gives you better balance for building a fit and feminine physique.
You’ll need a set of light to medium dumbbells, a bench or chair, and an interval timer for this workout.
This back workout is broken into three rounds. You’ll work in the following sequence:
- Tabata at 4 minutes (20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest. Repeat 8 times)
- Exercise at 40 seconds
- Rest at 30 seconds
You’ll repeat this sequence for 3 rounds, equaling 15-minutes of dedicated back work!
The Tabata work will burn fat off your body, while the single exercise will focus on building muscle mass. Tabata is 4 minutes of dedicated movement. You’ll work for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds for a total of 8 rounds. Embrace the 10 seconds of rest in between the Tabata work.
After you complete your Tabata work, you’ll jump right into a Superman with Lat Pull. You’ll give your biceps a bit of a much-needed break. Then you’ll enjoy 30 seconds of complete rest. Enjoy it and refocus your breathing. Perform this workout 2-3 times a week to get amazing results.
- Single Arm-Dumbbell Row: Rows are one of my favorite back exercises. Usually, you’d get heavy dumbbells, but since Tabata is fat-burning focused, grab medium dumbbells so you can pump out as many reps as possible. Don’t compromise your form though! Alternate between arms so that you perform 4 sets on each arm total.
- Reverse Fly: The reverse fly is great for building your upper back and shoulders. Grab light dumbbells and be sure to pinch your back muscles together at the top.
- Alternating Dumbbell Row: Alternating the dumbbell row allows you to keep both sides of your back muscles engaged to burn more fat and promote better toning. Grab medium dumbbells.
40 Second Exercise
- Superman w/ Lat Pull: Can’t forget your lower back! This is a compound exercise that works your lower back, building a stronger core, and your lats to build a beautiful and toned upper back.
If your schedule is consistently full, you need more quick and healthy options in your life! Try any of these 21 Easy 15-Minute Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes to refuel and re-balance.
Single Arm-Dumbbell Row
Alternating Dumbbell Row
Superman w/ Lat Pull