Here it is! The Top 10 Ab exercises for fabulous abs. This is a compilation of our favorite and most effective ab moves to get that 6-pack you’ve always wanted. The best ab workouts are diverse, targeting all areas of your abs – from the center of your core, to your lower abs and obliques. Extreme ab routines can be tolling, but are well worth the effort!
Remember to include cardio at least three times a week and eat a healthy diet to get rid of that pesky sugar glaze that covers those abs because you can do all the ab exercises you want, but your tummy won’t show the results unless you’re doing a well-rounded health routine. With that said though, these moves will zone in on all areas of your midsection, strengthening your core and getting you on your way to incredible abs!
Equipment Needed: yoga mat or soft surface
What to Do: For an intense abdominal workout, complete each exercise as described below on non-consecutive days each week. Check out the videos below to ensure that you are using proper form.
1. Seated Abdominal Crunch – Hold for 1 minute
2. Plank – Hold for 1 minute
3. Air Bike – Do for 1 minute
4. Vertical Leg Crunch – 2 sets of 12-15 reps
5. Long Arm Crunches – 2 sets of 12-15 reps
6. Reverse Crunch – 2 sets of 12-15 reps
7. Leg Raises – 2 sets of 15-20 reps
8. Russian Twists – 2 sets of 30 reps total (15 on each side)
9. Jackknife – 2 sets of 6-8 reps (less reps with good form is better than more without)
10. Bird Dog – 2 sets of 16 (8 on each side)
Seated Abdominal Crunch Hold
Vertical Leg Crunch
Long Arm Crunches
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms….
Have you just started a new exercise program or challenge? We’d love to hear about it. Leave a comment below.