Substitute tuna for red meat in this flavorful steak.
This fish and vegetable dish is entices with a hint of Asian flavor. Simply rub the fish with salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil before you grill it. The salad is 100% fresh with minimal ingredients. Grilled tuna steaks and fresh cucumber salads combine as a delicious and nutritious dinner prepared in just a few minutes. It’s quick and easy!
Tuna Pepper Steak with Cucumber Sesame Salad
- 24 ounces tuna steaks fresh, 1 inch slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 cucumbers julienned
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Rinse and pat dry the tuna.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Rub the salt and pepper mixture on the tuna then coat each slice with the extra virgin olive oil. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast the sesame seeds. Over medium heat, in a small dry saucepan, toast the sesame seeds for 3 minutes then set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cucumber, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, 1-1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, and sesame oil.
- Over medium-high heat, on a hot griddle or barbecue grill, cook each side of the tuna between 5 - 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds on the tuna.
- Divide the tuna steaks in half.
- Serve the tuna steaks immediately with the cucumber salad.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Check out our other amazing fish recipes:
Quick Fish with Chickpeas, Tomatoes, and Sage
Breaded Fish Fillet with Orange Salad
Fish and Artichokes with White Wine
If you want to start a seriously healthy lifestyle, you can start planning your meals with us. Use our free Clean Eating Menu Planner to begin a clean eating grocery shopping list.
Subscribe to our newsletterso you won’t miss out on anything new from Skinny Ms. We continuously add new clean eating recipes, health food resources, tips and many more!
Follow us in our Facebook and Pinterest pages so you can keep up with us.