Keep healthy snacks within reach and cravings at bay.
One of the biggest threats to your healthy lifestyle is the dreaded snack attack. One minute, you’re meticulously planning out healthy meals, and the next thing you know, your hand is in a bag of chips. The healthy snack box is one of our favorite ways to battle the allure of the unhealthy snack craving, and we’ve got ideas for snack boxes that are sure to please any palate.
20 Healthy Snacks for Pantry and Fridge Storage
What’s a snack box? It’s a container in the fridge or pantry where you stash easy-to-grab snacks. Snacking right is the perfect way to keep both parents and kids energized during busy days. Customize your snack box to suit your lifestyle by creating a single snack station packed with healthy options or by pre-packing individual to-go boxes with appropriate portions of yummy snacks.
10 Healthy Snacks for Pantry Storage
These healthy snacks are shelf-stable and can be stored in air-tight containers in your pantry or on a counter.
- Dried fruit, like apple rings, raisins, or banana chips
- Homemade trail mix
- Easy Homemade No Bake Bars
- Nutrition bars (just beware of brands high in sugar)
- Air-popped organic popcorn
- Roasted nuts, like cashews, almonds, or walnuts
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Crackers (preferably without hydrogenated oils)
- Whole wheat pretzels
- Natural peanut butter – homemade recipe
10 Healthy Snacks for Fridge Storage
These healthy snack box ideas should be kept refrigerated to stay fresh!
- Organic, no-sugar-added applesauce cups
- Sliced fresh fruit, like strawberries
- Orange segments
- Carrot sticks
- Sliced peppers
- Hummus in single-serve portions
- Low-fat string cheese
- Low-fat cottage cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Skinny Salsa Dip with pepper scoops
For more ideas for healthy snacks for pantry or fridge storage, check out our Ultimate Snack Roundup for TONS of suggestions!
Enjoyed reading this? Discover more:
- How Long Does This Last? – A Guide to Leftovers and Food Storage
- Spring Clean Your Fridge with this Whole Food Shopping List
- Spicy Kale Salad with Chickpeas & Maple Dijon Dressing
Join our community! Find clean eating tips and whole body workouts on our Facebook page, Instagram and our Pinterest, and stay up to date on our latest and greatest by subscribing to our daily eNewsletter.
Reader feedback is important to us. Leave us a comment below and tell us your favorite healthy snacks for pantry or fridge, what you think of this article, and what you’d like to see from us in the future.