Spruce up your lunchbox or picnic basket!
Spruce up your lunchbox or picnic basket with these Whole-Wheat Spinach and Feta Savory Muffins! Nourishing and delicious, these baked goods disguise your veggies in layers of tasty goodness. These moist muffins call for nothing but wholesome, clean ingredients like baby spinach, chopped chives, and scrumptious spices.
Low-Calorie Spinach and Feta Muffins
Whether it’s in preparation to hit the gym or used as an alternative to help stave off the weight gain from sugar-packed muffins, these low-calorie spinach and feta muffins will be sure to hit the spot and the best part is, they’re relatively easy to make! Spinach is rich in fiber and feta cheese is an excellent low-calorie source of vitamins and minerals, with a good amount of sodium (It also contains saturated fats, which should be kept to less than 10% of your daily calorie intake).
These low-calorie spinach and feta muffins are a delicious, nutritious snack that will give you the energy you need without weighing you down. Plus, they’re a great way to sneak in some veggies!
You can eat them hot and fresh off the tray, or you can pack them up and enjoy them later. You can try to tempt fate by adding a little bit of unsalted butter in the middle for a little extra oomph, but that’s up to you (we won’t judge!).
These crowd-pleasers are quick to whip up and make a light, healthy alternative to bread rolls at meals. Bake and enjoy!
Spinach and Feta Savory Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour we used white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk 1% or 2% will work
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil optional pure butter
- 1 egg large, beaten
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles low-fat
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil or line with paper cups, a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Ladle into muffin cups until each is 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Hungry for more muffins mixes? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.
Enjoyed reading this post? Discover more:
- 14 Days of Weight Loss Entrees | Low-Calorie Dinners for Weight Loss
- Clean Eating Chocolate Coconut Muffins
- Skinny Lemon Muffins
- 11 Top-Rated Skinny Recipes Under 275 Calories