Spruce up your lunchbox or picnic basket with these Whole Wheat Spinach and Feta Savory Muffins! Nourishing and delicious, these baked goods disguise your veggies in layers of tasty goodness. These moist muffins call for nothing but wholesome, clean ingredients like baby spinach, chopped chives, and scrumptious spices.
These crowd-pleasers are quick to whip up and make a light, healthy alternative to bread rolls at meals. Bake and enjoy!
Yields: 12 servings | Calories: 164 | Total Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 293 | Carbohydrates: 13g | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 8
- 1 1/2 cups flour (we used White Whole Wheat Flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk (1 or 2% will work)
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil, (optional pure butter)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles, low-fat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil or line with paper cups, a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Ladle into muffin cups until each is 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Love the recipe? Hungry for more muffins mixes? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.