Spruce up your lunchbox or picnic basket!
Spruce up your lunchbox or picnic basket with these Whole-Wheat Spinach and Feta Savory Muffins! Nourishing and delicious, these baked goods disguise your veggies in layers of tasty goodness. These moist muffins call for nothing but wholesome, clean ingredients like baby spinach, chopped chives, and scrumptious spices.
These crowd-pleasers are quick to whip up and make a light, healthy alternative to bread rolls at meals. Bake and enjoy!
Spinach and Feta Savory Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour we used white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk 1% or 2% will work
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons coconut oil optional pure butter
- 1 egg large, beaten
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles low-fat
- 1 tablespoon chives finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil or line with paper cups, a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Add dry ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Ladle into muffin cups until each is 2/3 full. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Love the recipe? Hungry for more muffins mixes? Let us know! Leave a comment in the section below.