This magic elixir tastes great, too!
Are your vegetable dishes neglected at dinner? With this recipe for Wilted Greens with Cranberries & Tomatoes, say goodbye to the days when your company nudged veggies aside! Whether you choose spinach or baby kale, the greens soften into silky, melt-in-your-mouth decadence after sautéing. Chewy cranberries add a delightful touch of sweetness, while the tomatoes grow plump and juicy after cooking.
The combination of leafy greens and dried cranberries form a powerful health elixir. Their vitamin-rich flavor and antioxidants boost your immune system. It’s not bad on the eyes, either – the rainbow colors from the fresh produce and dried fruit add vibrant appeal to your veggie dish. Even the most ardent produce-haters will love it!
Wilted Greens with Cranberries & Tomatoes
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions chopped
- 3/4 cup tomatoes ripe, chopped into bite-sized pieces or halved cherry tomatoes
- 10 ounces baby spinach package or baby kale or a mix
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- Place dried cranberries in a bowl and cover with hot water to plump. Drain after 5 to 10 minutes, once fattened.
- Add olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes, until onions are softened and slightly translucent and tomatoes are soft. Add greens and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, until just wilted. Move greens over to the side. Add minced garlic to space, cooking for only 30 seconds, then stirring into the greens.
- Remove from heat and stir in the reconstituted cranberries.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What veggie recipes would you like to see on the site? Let us know! The Skinny Ms. kitchens are always cooking up new creations.