Salads are not just for summer!
Salads are not just for summer! Our Winter Orzo Salad is both nutritious and filling enough for the cold days of winter when you’re looking for something a little heartier. Superfood kale is tossed with cauliflower, peas, whole grain orzo pasta, and a homemade citrus dressing.
This winter salad would be a great accompaniment to roasted chicken or grilled salmon. Hold off on tossing the dressing in until just before eating if you’re taking it in a lunch!
Winter Orzo Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1/2 pound whole-grain orzo pasta
- 1 cup peas fresh or defrosted
- 1 cup baby kale chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt plain
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss cauliflower florets in 1 tablespoon olive oil then place on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the instructions on the box. When the cauliflower is ready, toss together with the peas and kale. Whisk the salt, pepper, remaining olive oil, lemon juice, and zest, and Greek yogurt, then pour over the orzo salad and toss.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Other SkinnyMs. recipes to try:
What are your favorite winter vegetables? How do you plan to use them this season? Let us know in the comments section below.