We at SkinnyMs. love snacks you can make ahead of time and have around to munch on all week. Our Workout Banana Bites fit the bill perfectly – you can prepare a whole batch Sunday evening and grab one or two after your workouts during the week. They’re packed with muscle building protein, as well as superfoods like flax and chia seeds and, most importantly, chocolate!
These banana bites are a perfect way to energize you back up after a workout and keep you full and focused. They also taste so good they just might not last the whole week!
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 ball | Calories: 183 | Total Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 3mg | Carbohydrates: 26g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Protein: 7g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 7
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup protein powder (Clean Protein Powder was used in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, or sunbutter work well)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup no sugar added dried currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Combine all ingredients in mixer. On low, mix until dried fruit, seeds, and almonds are distributed throughout.
- TIP: If mixture a
- ppears dry or is not holding together, and a tablespoon each of honey and a nut butter. If mix is too wet, add oats, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture is workable.
- Roll into balls, about 2 tablespoons per ball. Place onto parchment lined cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator until set, about 12 hours.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate.