These banana bites are a perfect way to energize you after a workout and keep you focused.
We at SkinnyMs. love snacks you can make ahead of time and have around to munch on all week. Our Workout Banana Bites fit the bill perfectly – you can prepare a whole batch Sunday evening and grab one or two after your workouts during the week. They’re packed with muscle building protein, as well as superfoods like flax and chia seeds and, most importantly, chocolate!
These banana bites are a perfect way to energize you back up after a workout and keep you full and focused. They also taste so good they just might not last the whole week!
Workout Banana Bites
- 1 banana medium, mashed
- 1/4 cup protein powder (Clean Protein Powder was used in this recipe)
- 1/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, or sunbutter work well)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup dried currants or raisins, no sugar added
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- Combine all ingredients in mixer. On low, mix until dried fruit, seeds, and almonds are distributed throughout.
- TIP: If mixture appears dry or is not holding together, and a tablespoon each of honey and a nut butter. If mix is too wet, add oats, one tablespoon at a time, until mixture is workable.
- Roll into balls, about 2 tablespoons per ball. Place onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Place in refrigerator until set, about 12 hours.
- Store in airtight container and refrigerate.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms