This fresh and delicious Egg Roll Salad with Asian-style Dressing is anything but boring! We’ve taken one of the most popular Chinese food options and placed a healthy spin on it. Now, you can still enjoy your favorite takeout flavors without any of the usual guilt!
What makes this crunchy and flavorful recipe even more incredible is that it only takes about 20 minutes to prepare! Get ready to say, “Hello, healthy new weeknight favorite!”
Nutritious Ingredients to the Rescue
Many salad recipes tend to be slightly higher in carbohydrates because they contain vegetables, nuts, or grains. This recipe only contains 14 grams per serving. Of course, the carbs you will find in this salad are the good kind, also known as complex carbohydrates and fiber! Furthermore, each serving even offers a whopping 30 grams of muscle-toning protein and 10 grams of energy-producing fats.
This nutrient-dense recipe also contains quite a wide range of vitamins and minerals. In particular, it will provide you with a hefty dose of vitamins A and C, which are essential for healthy immune function, cell growth, eye health, and more.
A Simple, Fresh, and Fast Salad
We love cooking with ground turkey in place of ground beef because it’s lower in fat and calories. Preparation for this meal begins by cooking the protein-rich ground turkey in a large skillet over medium heat. When the turkey is cooked halfway through, add in some minced garlic and freshly grated ginger. Once this mixture is fully cooked, you can set it aside.
Next up are the nutrient-rich greens and veggies that make this salad a salad! In a large bowl, combine the Napa cabbage, kale, shredded carrot, and red onion. Toss these fresh and crunchy vegetables together and set the bowl aside while you make the yummy homemade dressing.
Our Asian-inspired dressing will dramatically increase the flavor of this egg roll salad. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Once the dressing is evenly combined, drizzle it over your bowl of veggies and toss until it’s well-coated.
Divide the Napa cabbage and kale mixture into four serving bowls and grab your cooked turkey. Add an even amount of turkey to each bowl of salad, and sprinkle the freshly chopped cilantro and green onion on top!
Egg Roll Salad with Asian Style Dressing
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger fresh, grated
- 4 cups Napa cabbage shredded
- 2 cups kale stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot large, shredded
- 1/3 cup red onion sliced thin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce low-sodium
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion roughly chopped
- In a large skillet on medium heat, cook the ground turkey breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. When the turkey is about half cooked, add half the garlic and half the ginger. Continue to cook until the turkey is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the Napa cabbage, kale, shredded carrot, and red onion. Toss and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, and other half of the garlic and ginger. Whisk well until combined. Drizzle over the Napa cabbage mixture and toss to coat the ingredients in the dressing. Divide the Napa mixture into four serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with the cooked ground turkey. Sprinkle the fresh cilantro and green onion on top.
There you have it! Our delicious, nutritious, and incredible Egg roll Salad with Asian-Style Dressing! If you enjoyed this yummy recipe, you might also like:
- Asian Chicken Wraps
- Slow Cooker General Tso’s Chicken
- Asian Vegetable Lettuce Wrap with Peanut Sauce