If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to mayo-laden tuna salad, this Mediterranean tuna salad is sure to please. Made with flavorful ingredients like olives, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers, this tuna salad dish is amazing on a sandwich, on crackers, or by itself. If you can get your hands on some good quality tuna packed in olive oil, it makes this dish even more delicious!
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup | Calories: 214 | Total Fat: 16 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 13 mg | Sodium: 251 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 13 g | SmartPoints: 6 |
- 1 (6-ounce) can or jar of tuna (packed in spring water), recommend Safe Catch Tuna
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
Serve in lettuce leaves, on a baguette, or on whole grain crackers.