If you’re looking for a healthy alternative to mayo-laden tuna salad, this Mediterranean tuna salad is sure to please. It contains ingredients like olives, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers. This tuna salad dish is amazing on a sandwich, on crackers, or even by itself. Using good quality tuna packed in olive oil will make this recipe even more delicious!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup | Calories: 337 | Total Fat: 25 g | Saturated Fat: 3 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 31 mg | Sodium: 623 mg | Carbohydrates: 14 g | Dietary Fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 3 g | Protein: 20 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 10 |
- 1 (6-ounce) can or jar of tuna (packed in spring water), recommend Safe Catch Tuna
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons slivered basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve in lettuce leaves, on a baguette, or on whole grain crackers.