You won’t find any nitrates or artificial ingredients in this sausage recipe, only lean ground turkey and plenty of spices. Try this sausage with our delicious homemade biscuits.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving size: 1 sausage patty | Calories: 85 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 2 | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 45 mg | Sodium: 53 mg | Carbohydrates: 0 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 10 g
- 1 pound lean ground chicken or turkey, I used 93% lean
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make sausage patties to desired size and thickness. I usually get about 8 patties. Uncooked patties can be frozen up to one month.
Add patties to a large nonstick skillet and cook on medium-high heat until brown on both sides and cooked through.