by Skinny Ms.
You won’t find any nitrates or artificial ingredients in this sausage recipe, only lean ground turkey and plenty of spices. Try this sausage with our delicious homemade biscuits.
Yields: 8 servings | Serving size: 1 sausage patty | Calories: 85 | Total Fat: 4 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 2 | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 45 mg | Sodium: 53 mg | Carbohydrates: 0 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 0 g | Protein: 10 g
- 1 pound lean ground chicken or turkey, I used 93% lean
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make sausage patties to desired size and thickness. I usually get about 8 patties. Uncooked patties can be frozen up to one month.
Add patties to a large nonstick skillet and cook on medium-high heat until brown on both sides and cooked through.