Cubed chunks of hearty beef are topped with tomatoes, onions, Italian herbs, and balsamic vinegar, and then slow cooked in this savory dish. It contains less carbs then a pasta dish, but allows you to enjoy all of the Italian flavors.
Balsamic beef can be served on its own, or over rice or pasta. A green salad or vegetable makes the perfect side dish. It’s lighter than a hearty beef stew, with the fresh flavors of tomatoes and balsamic.
Here are some other slow cooker beef recipes you might enjoy:
Yields: 8 servings | Serving size: 1 Cup | Calories: 200 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated fat: 2 g | Trans fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 69 mg | Sodium: 218 mg | Carbohydrate: 9 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sugar: 5 g | Protein 26 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 2 pounds round steak or cube steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced (not chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar (for gluten-free use White Balsamic Vinegar which doesn't have caramel coloring)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Ground black pepper and salt,to taste
Pour the olive oil on the bottom of the slow cooker. Salt and pepper the beef and add it to the slow cooker. Placed sliced onion on top of the beef, and sprinkle on the dried herbs evenly. Add the garlic cloves. Pour in the vinegar and top with the tomatoes.
Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6 to 8 hours. Serve over whole wheat angel hair pasta or long grain brown rice.
Don’t miss out on the latest dinner recipes and meal plans from SkinnyMs. Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.