by Skinny Ms.
After soaking all day in juices and seasonings, and paired with carrots, potatoes, and onions, the mouth-watering aroma from this favorite dish will entice you to the dinner table before you’ve even closed the front door behind you! Make a little extra and enjoy our Classic Pot Roast the next day.
Recommend 6 quart slow cooker.
Yields: 8 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Cup | Calories: 402 | Previous Points: 10 | Points Plus: 11 | Total Fat: 26 gm (This will vary based on the meat you choose) | Saturated Fats: 10 gm | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 94 mg | Sodium: 239 mg | Carbohydrates: 13 gm | Dietary Fiber: 2 gm | Sugars: 1 gm | Protein: 29 gm
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced (optional, 2 cups baby carrots)
- 2 medium red potatoes, sliced into wedges (optional, 8 small red potatoes)
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (3 pound) boneless chuck roast or tenderloin for an extra lean cut
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups beef broth, fat free, low sodium
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or Tapioca starch (optional)
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
Add carrots, potatoes, onion, bay leaves, roast, garlic, vinegar and broth to slow cooker, in that order. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or until internal temperature of roast has reached 145 degrees and vegetables are tender. If using a Set 'n Forget slow cooker, set the internal temperature of the roast to reach 145 degrees.
For a thicker gravy, combine cornstarch and water, pour into slow cooker the last 15 minutes of cooking time, for a thicker sauce.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
Meal planning just got easier! Take the stress out of planning healthy meals your family will love. Try eMeals!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.