This slow cooker fiesta chicken soup is delicious. Healthy chicken soups are a great way to enjoy a variety of nutritious foods. Not only do you enjoy the protein of the chicken, but you also get to eat fresh, healthy veggies. Best of all, this fiesta soup is a great chicken recipe. Whether you are looking for a way to use leftover chicken, or you want to whip up a hearty chicken dish from scratch, this is a great option.
The other great thing about our fiesta soup recipe is the way it satisfies cravings for Mexican flavor. In many cases, Mexican dishes are loaded with saturated fat and calories. This soup lightens up the usual recipe, but keeps the same great smokey, spicy taste of the best Mexican dishes. It also pairs well with other traditional Mexican entrees.
Yields: 10 | Serving size: 1 cup | Calories: 192 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fats: 1 g | Trans Fats: 0 g | Cholesterol: 37 mg | Sodium: 202 mg | Carbohydrates: 21 g | Dietary fiber: 6 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 20 g | SmartPoints: 4 |
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans|, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5 oz.) can diced green chili peppers
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, low sodium, fat-free (use more broth for a thinner soup)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 chicken breasts fillets, skinless, cut into 1-2” cubes (no need to pre-cook)
Add all ingredients to the slow cooker, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
Don’t miss out on the latest and greatest from Skinny Ms…
Be sure to subscribe to our newsletter. Also, like our Facebook page and follow us on Pinterest for tasty recipes, clean eating tips, and healthy lifestyle resources.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Do you have a favorite SkinnyMs. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.