Healthy Sweet Potato Fries are perfect for an after school snack.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe | Calories: 117 | Previous Points: 3 | Points Plus: 3 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 21mg | Carbohydrates: 13 g | Sugars: 4 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Protein: 1 g
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (scrubbed), peeled, sliced into julienne strips (use a potato slicer if available)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine spices in a small bowl. Add potatoes, spices and olive oil to a large mixing bowl, toss to coat all potato slices.
Place potatoes in a single layer on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, or use a non-stick baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes or until tender on the inside and crunchy on the outside. Turn potatoes after 15 minutes of cooking time.
NOTE: Feel free to add more spices or different spices altogether.
DIPPING SAUCE: Combine 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon honey.