We love this summer salad recipe because it has a nice zing to it. The parsley is so fresh and light, and it freshens breath and is an excellent source of vitamin D. The sweet cherries make the peppery jalapeño and minced garlic pop with flavor. Toss in a little healthy olive oil and a bright splash of acidic lemon juice, and you’ve got yourself a healthy salad recipe that is delicious and 100% clean, too! And, one of the best things about this easy salad recipe is how quick it is to make.
Sweet and Spicy Cherry Salad can be served in one scoop atop of lamb, pork, duck, almost like a generous edible garnish. Or, serve it as a casual, yet elegant side with barbecue, along with some other small side salads.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving size: 1 cup| Calories: 116 | Total Fat: 2.5 gm | Saturated Fats: 0 | Trans Fats: 0 gm | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Sodium: 20 mg | Carbohydrates: 23.2 gm | Dietary fiber: 1.1 gm | Sugars: 1 gm | Protein: .8 gm| SmartPoints (Freestyle): 3
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 medium finely chopped jalapenos
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, and add lemon juice and olive oil. Stir well and serve. This salad will keep in the fridge for a few days, but is better served fresh.
Looking for other summer fruit salad recipes? Try our:
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from SkinnyMs., check out our SkinnyMs. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.