This Strawberry and Avocado Salad is topped with bright, beautiful and succulently sweet strawberries and blackberries. Add the Strawberry Balsamic Dressing and you have a simply delightful Springtime salad.
Yield: 2 salads | Serving Size: 2 cups |Calories: 135 | Total Fat: 6.7 g | Saturated Fat: 2.4 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 7 mg | Sodium:85 mg | Carbohydrates: 14.8 g | Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g | Sugars: 7.7 g | Protein: 6.1 g | SmartPoints: 5
- 1/2 cup strawberries, roughly cut
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 dash stevia (optional)
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves,fresh
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup avocado, sliced
- 1/3 cup blueberries or blackberries
- 1/2 oz. goat cheese
- In a food processor or blender, add all of your dressing ingredients. Process until well blended. If dressing is chunky, place a sieve over a small bowl and pour dressing into the sieve. With a back of a spoon, push the strawberries through. Be sure to scrape the strawberry drippings from the backside of the sieve. Set aside.
- In a bowl add all of you salad ingredients, toss with dressing and divide between two plates.
Here are more fabulous salad ideas!
This recipe comes courtesy of Jennifer Drummond’s blog Peanut Butter and Peppers. Jennifer’s blog is about everyday healthy living, mainly good for you recipes. After losing 30 pounds by just exercise and eating correctly Jennifer learned to take every day food and making it healthier without sacrificing flavor. You can also find Jennifer on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.