Dish up and enjoy!
Quinoa can make any salad extra special with the nutrients it imparts. Considered one of nature’s best superfoods, it’s packed with vitamins and minerals that are essential for our health. It’s rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, omega-3 fatty acids, manganese, vitamin E, and many other wonderful nutrients. This 6-Ingredient Mexican-Style Quinoa Salad contains an incredible mixture of flavors. Zesty tomato salsa, fiber- and protein-rich black beans, and superfood avocado burst with flavor and amp up the salad’s nutritional value. Add a can of corn to make this nutritious salad filled with colors, flavors, and nutrients pop. Dish up and enjoy!
6-Ingredient Mexican-Style Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 cup quinoa dry, pre-rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans can, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa no sugar added
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado peeled and small diced
- Add 1 cup water and quinoa to a medium pot and bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook until most moisture is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. Turn off heat and leave covered quinoa on burner for 5 minutes.
- Add to cooked quinoa, black beans, salsa, corn, and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine then add diced avocado and gently toss. Add salad to a serving dish and serve. Salad can also be enjoyed cold.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
More Mexican-Style Recipes:
We’d love to hear what you think! Leave us a comment in the section below.