Clean eating is the cornerstone of SkinnyMs. and our healthy living philosophy. As you eat cleaner and more wholesome ingredients, you’ll begin to feel good about the way your body looks and the way you feel! Incorporating veggie superfoods into your diet is a great start!
Try asparagus, which is low in calories and in sodium. It is an excellent source of calcium, dietary fiber, protein, and antioxidants. Simply cook your spears on the griddle and dressed them with Greek yogurt flavored with feta, lemon, and mint. You will love the tangy taste of this vegetable dish.
Yields: 6 servings | Serving Size: 4 spears with toppings | Calories: 116 | Total Fat: 7 g | Saturated Fat: 5 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 28 mg | Sodium: 223 mg | Carbohydrates: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 5 g | Protein: 8 g | SmartPoints (Freestyle): 5 |
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 10 medium fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 24 asparagus spears, hard ends taken away
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt, feta, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and mint. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Over medium to high heat, on a dry griddle, cook the asparagus until tender and cooked through.
- Serve the asparagus with the dressing on the side.
More on skinny eating vegetable recipes that you might like: