A light and buttery fish that melts in your mouth!
An exotic fish that thrives in warm waters, tilapia is perfectly paired with festive, tropical toppings like mango salsa. Mild and with a nice, flaky texture, tilapia benefits from a flavor injection with a mix of sweet mango and spicy chili and paprika. This ideal mix of amped up flavors is a key feature of our Baked Tilapia with Spicy Tropical Salsa. It’s ease of preparation makes it an ideal weekday dinner, but it’s still impressive enough to serve to friends!
In fact, tilapia is one fish that’s easy to get right, and that’s what’s so appealing about our recipe. Tilapia is becoming very popular, so it’s easy to find, and as a bonus, it’s inexpensive! Once you’ve seasoned your fish filets, simple allow them to bake until they’re easily flaked with a fork.
Since this should take less than twelve minutes, you’ll have just enough time to quickly combine your mango, tomatoes, onions, and spices into an easy salsa. When the fish is done, simply top and serve! This will taste like a dish that took great culinary skill, but it’s really just a two-step prep!
Nutritionally, this is a healthful dish with an impressive combination of nutrients. Tilapia is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. Many people find it difficult to incorporate these heart healthy fatty acids into their diet, but eating the right fish on a weekly basis should do the trick. Plus, mangoes bring a healthy dose of vitamins A and C to the table, along with dietary fiber. Tomatoes are filled with lycopene, and this entire dish packs enough protein to keep you satisfied. This simple, healthy dinner is on our shortlist for go-to dinners, and we hope you’ll agree!
For more delicious and nutritious recipes from Skinny Ms., check out our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection of 101 Fan Favorites.
Baked Tilapia with Spicy Tropical Salsa
- 4 tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 mangos ripe, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion small, diced
- 1 tomato medium, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lime juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- cilantro fresh chopped, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Season the fish filets with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the fish is baking, make the salsa by combining the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, top the fish with the salsa, Greek yogurt and fresh chopped cilantro.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms