Breakfast is the one meal of the day when you can enjoy sweet, decadent dishes and not feel guilty! Although, just because you have that privilege doesn’t mean you have to pile your plate with sugar. Banana Smash Oatmeal is the perfect balance for a sweet, yet wholesome breakfast. It will make your taste buds happy, and your body even happier! Plus, this recipe uses banana as a sweetener in the most unique way.
If you haven’t heard of Roasted Banana Smash before, it is a tasty topping that pairs well with just about anything. To make it, simply put a smashed, ripe banana in the oven for about 12 minutes. That’s it! Once you have this key ingredient, you can add it to your oatmeal, which can be served just the way you like it with a dash of cinnamon to top it off. Tell us that doesn’t sound easy and delicious? Enjoy!
Yields: 1 serving | Calories: 217 | Total Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 98mg | Carbohydrates: 46g | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Protein: 5g | SmartPoints: 8
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 recipe Roasted Banana Smash
- Make the Roasted Banana Smash recipe.
- In the meantime, add the first 3 ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low boil and cook 5 minutes, or follow the instructions on the oat's. Remove from heat and stir in the roasted banana smash, being sure to add all the sweet juices. Enjoy!