This delectable recipe can be served many different ways!
A simple fruit transforms into a tasty topping in this insanely easy recipe! Our roasted banana smash serves as a wonderful, guilt-free alternative to sugar, and goes on just about anything that calls for a sweet sauce or sugary finish. It makes a creamy and delectable stand-in for syrup on your pancakes and waffles, jelly on your toast, or sweetener for your oatmeal. And since it’s so naturally sweet, you won’t even miss your old sugary favorites! Get creative with this bomb banana recipe, and add it to ice cream, cheesecake, yogurt, and peanut butter sandwiches. During baking, the oven’s heat caramelizes the natural sugars in bananas, which explains the decadent flavors in this recipe.
Meanwhile, this clean-eating topping recipe boasts some awesome health benefits you can feel great about. For example, it’s rich in potassium and decreases your risk of high blood pressure. Customize your favorite dishes with this banana smash, for an icing-on-the-cake finish without the guilt!
Roasted Banana Smash
- 1 banana medium, very ripe
- 1 teaspoon honey optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- Peel the banana and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Smash banana with a fork.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until lightly golden on top.
- Serve as a topping on favorite recipes or eat when a sweet craving hits.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
What’s your favorite way to use bananas? We’d love to hear from you, so let us know what you think in the comments below!