Boost your traditional salads with barley!
Add barley to your diet and you’ll be amazed at how it boosts the fiber content of your recipes! Not only is barley nutritious, it’s also versatile. In this recipe, we put together some tasty Mediterranean ingredients that emphasize the very best warm weather flavors of the region. Without having to cook anything but the barley, you’ll have a blast with this tasty, healthy salad!
Barley, Tuna and Mozzarella Salad
- 1 cup pearl barley uncooked
- 1 1/4 cups cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 cup tuna canned
- 7 ounces mozzarella balls diced
- 1/2 cup olives pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 12 basil leaves fresh
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Over medium to high heat, in a medium pot of salted boiling water, put the barley and cook for about 20 minutes or until tender. Rinse, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together carefully so that you don't crush the mozzarella.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
We have more recipes with mozzarella that you might enjoy:
Have you heard of our our Skinny Ms. Recipe Collection e-cookbook? It’s a treasure of 101 most popular fan recipes that we took note of and compiled in one book. Have a look!
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter.