A dose of berries offers all the antioxidants you need!
Berries with Homemade Pomegranate Syrup Fresh blueberries and dried cranberries make this delicious dessert an antioxidant powerhouse. We use dried cranberries, as their relatively mellow flavor pairs perfectly with the blueberries. Look for the ones without added sugar for an exceptionally healthy treat. Our homemade pomegranate syrup is delicious over berries but amazing drizzled over your favorite morning pancakes, waffles, or French toast.
Berries with Homemade Pomegranate Syrup
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 cups pomegranate juice unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 8 mint leaves fresh, 4 coarsely chopped and 4 left for garnishing
- In a medium pot, add pomegranate juice, palm sugar, 4 chopped mint leaves, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to a simmer and cook until a syrup consistency, approximately 45 minutes. Allow to cool before adding to a glass jar. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Add the blueberries, dried cranberries, and pomegranate syrup in a bowl. Distribute them in individual serving glasses. Top each glass with the remaining mint leaves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
Don’t miss out on the latest from Skinny Ms. Make sure you subscribe to our daily enewsletter.
Do you have a favorite Skinny Ms. recipe? We’d love to hear about it. Tell us what you think in the comments section below.