One pot is all it takes for exceptional flavor and nutrition!
This one-pot meal contains all of the ingredients you need to stay satiated, energized, and nourished. Combining a heaping amount of vegetables with two different kinds of protein make this Brussels sprouts with chicken recipe a nutritional powerhouse. Plus, the flavors and textures complement one another perfectly, making this dish an ideal weeknight dinner you’ll look forward to all day. Plus, any leftovers can be stored in a small Tupperware container and taken to work the next day for a lunch that will make your coworkers envious.
Simply saute all of the ingredients in a saucepan, and you’ve got a simple dinner that’s easy to prepare, and creates only one pot to clean afterward! Plus, sauteeing the Brussels sprouts retains their nutrients, including vitamins C and K, and folate. Lean chicken provides lean protein, and cashews offer protein and fiber, along with a terrific, tasty crunch.
This dish’s unique flavor is courtesy of balsamic vinegar and soy sauce, which are added at the end of the cooking process to give the dish a tangy, savory kick. The cashews are nutty, and when combined with earth Brussels sprouts, you’ve got an innovative dish with a combination of flavors that will wow you and impress friends and family.
Brussels Sprouts, Chicken and Cashews
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 onion medium, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 pound brussels sprouts quartered
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts
- Over medium heat, in a saucepan with extra virgin olive oil, sautè the garlic and the onion for about 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and toast well, about 8 minutes.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the brussels sprouts for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and soy sauce and cook until the sauce is reduced.
- Garnish with the cashew nuts.
Have you made this recipe?
Tag @skinnyms on Instagram or hashtag it #skinnyms
You might want to check out these amazing Brussels sprouts recipes: